Closing times shouled be created and approved by the MB plant at least 14 days in advancein order to be effective and taken into account in the pick-up sheet process. In addition, the correct creation of a closing time request for suppliers includes the following steps:
1. Open the "Supplier Closing Dates" application in the "Master Data Management" menu in GLASS and enter your supplier number.
2. Select the planned closing time in the calendar displayed. For multi-day closing times, select the first day of the planned closing time.
3. Indicate the period (start and end date) of your planned closing time in the pop-up window that appears.
4. Enter the reason for your closing time request in the "Description" field (e.g. "Christmas break", "End of year", etc.). The reason is used to evaluate the closing time request and is mandatory.
5. Enter your company's emergency contact in the supplier section of SMB (Information >> Supplier). In the event of an emergency during the requested closing time, the specified contact will be used for short-term communication. Confirm the details of your emergency contact in GLASS. Note:While this function is currently being implemented in GLASS it is still mandatory to be entered in SMB.
6. Save the closing time request directly in the pop-up window. The requested closing time is highlighted in blue in the calendar. It will now be evaluated by all relevant material dispositions of the Mercedes-Benz plants. You will be informed of the result in writing
If you have any questions regarding the creation of closing time requests for suppliers, please contact the IBL Pick-Up-Sheet Helpdesk.
Further information on the pick-up sheet process can be found in the INTO SC Supplier Manual.
You can access this via the Supplier Portal (Cooperation >> Production and logistics >> Standards in the supply chain >> Pick-Up-Sheet).